AREA 7 SWIMMING COMPETITION
Saturday, August 19, 2017
SITE: YMCA Aquatics Center, 8422 International Drive, Orlando, 32819
TIME: Warm up – 9:00 – 9:20; all competition starts at 9:30 ALL MOW swimmers in Coach Lucky’s group should be at the pool by 8:30 AM. All swimmers in Coach Apryle’s group should be at the pool at 9:00 AM
Events Offered: Teaching Pool – Floatation events, etc.; Diving Well – Lead up Events and 25 Meter Events; Competition Pool – all regular events 50 meters and up.
- No lunch will be provided for this event. Please plan accordingly. Please bring snacks the relays sometimes don’t get done until 2pm. Bring plenty of water and drinks it will be hot!
- Please bring athletes to the staging area 10 min. prior to event start time.
- There will be stroke and turn judges for all races, which means there will be disqualifications if the strokes and turns are not done legally.
- Three Awards Area – Competition Pool, Diving Well and Teaching Pool, awards will be written and put in the county baskets, we will have a presentation of awards on request.
- Most of MOW swimmers are on relays, so plan on staying to the end of the meet. Please don’t leave the pool without checking with the coaches after you have finished your individual events.
- No chairs can be brought into the facility (you may bring in stadium seats for the stands) You may see coaches with chairs inside the roped off restricted area, but you must be a coach to enter this area.
We have one more practice on Tuesday before our big meet. Let’s have everyone try to show up. If you have any questions bring them up on Tuesday at practice.
It should be a good meet for us!